10:00 – 17:00
Starting / Ending Date
204 hours of Fashion Design + 12 hours of Photoshop & Illustrator
216 Hours, 9 Months, 36 Weeks
About the Program
The curriculum of this accelerated nine month program is planned by Esmod Paris and has international recognition. It is a preparatory program to the Esmod Fashion Design and Creation Diploma program and concentrates on Fashion Design and Pattern making. Participants will create skirt, shirt, dress, pants, trenchcoat, jacket and tailoredwear models in Pattern making using flat pattern & draping techniques together with professional sewing techniques. Moreover participants will learn how to create illustrations and flat drawings in Fashion Design, learning how to use Photoshop program for flat drawings.
Both of the instructors in Fashion Design and Pattern making are experienced international Esmod graduates who have been in the industry for many years.
In addition to the vakko esmod certificate, participants will receive fashion design certificate approved by the ministry of education.
- Introduction to Fashion design
- Analysis of all models in Fashion history
- Processes in today’s fashion world
- Working methods of a designer
- Introduction to Basic drawing techniques
- Figure drawing
- Figure body details
- Face, Hair, eyes, Lips, hands and feet drawings
- Garment drawing and coloring on figure
- Placing shadows on figures, eye and hair color changes
- Mannequin and model drawings
- Flat drawings
- Flat drawings of different models
- Moodboard : what it is, how it is prepared
- Inspiration from moodboard for mannequin and model drawing
- Muse – target audience – Moodboard – Color range
- Collection studies
- What is a collection and how is it prepared ?
- Deciding on a Theme/concept
- Mannequin and Model drawings
- Flat drawings
- Personal Universe : Who am I? What do I like? What affects me?
- Fashion illustration
- Illustration project
- Photoshop: Creating a document, Toolbox, settings, decisions, coloring, Type tools, retouching, Layers
- Moodboard with Photoshop and collage studies, rotating objects, coloring and scaling, flat drawing
- Skirt project
- Shirt project
- Dress project
- Suit, jacket and pants project
- Casualwear and Denim project
- Project delivery and presentation – Skills to present the portfolio. Roles that we take in a team in business life. Ways to follow working at different companies in order to gain experience.
Material List: For Fashion Design class, all participants must install Photoshop & Illustrator on their personal laptops and bring to class. Other list of materials will be shared on the first day of class.
Instructor: Mujde Sekerozu
Müjde Şekerözü has graduated from Galatasaray Lisesi Istanbul in 1988. In the years 1998-1990 she has studied Fashion Design and Business at Parsons School of Design New York. From 1990-1993 she has studied Fashion Design Womens Ready-to-Wear at ESMOD Paris and graduated as first in her field. Since 1993 she has been working at various companies in the Fashion and Ready-to-wear industry as Head designer and Creative director. Some of these companies are ATT (Turkmen Holding ) for EU Customers, Spain -Inditex / French Customers , France at TUREKS / Paris & Istanbul ( March 2013 – January 2017 ), Turkish Export Factories / Istanbul –Paris ( 2001 – 2010 ), Partner of Sourcing Company MS / Hong Kong, (50 000 Pcs of Knitwear Production in China) ( 2001 – 2002 ), CONFETTI Textile / Istanbul ( 2000 – 2001 ), CAAN Textile /Istanbul ( 1998 – 2000 ), Aprido / Istanbul ( 1995 – 1998 ), JPG / Paris ( 1993 – 1995 ). She speaks fluent French, English and Turkish and intermediate level Spanish.