10:00 – 17:00
Starting / Ending Date
7 November 2020
31 July 2021
204 hours of Fashion Design + 12 hours of Photoshop & Illustrator
216 Hours, 9 Months, 36 Weeks
About the Program
The curriculum of this accelerated nine month program is planned by Esmod Paris and has international recognition. It is a preparatory program to the Esmod Fashion Design and Creation Diploma program and concentrates on Fashion Design and Pattern making. Participants will create skirt, shirt, dress, pants, trenchcoat, jacket and tailoredwear models in Pattern making using flat pattern & draping techniques together with professional sewing techniques. Moreover participants will learn how to create illustrations and flat drawings in Fashion Design, learning how to use Photoshop program for flat drawings.
Both of the instructors in Fashion Design and Pattern making are experienced international Esmod graduates who have been in the industry for many years.
In addition to the vakko esmod certificate, participants will receive fashion design certificate approved by the ministry of education.
- Introduction to Fashion design
- Analysis of all models in Fashion history
- Processes in today’s fashion world
- Working methods of a designer
- Introduction to Basic drawing techniques
- Figure drawing
- Figure body details
- Face, Hair, eyes, Lips, hands and feet drawings
- Garment drawing and coloring on figure
- Placing shadows on figures, eye and hair color changes
- Mannequin and model drawings
- Flat drawings
- Flat drawings of different models
- Moodboard : what it is, how it is prepared
- Inspiration from moodboard for mannequin and model drawing
- Muse – target audience – Moodboard – Color range
- Collection studies
- What is a collection and how is it prepared ?
- Deciding on a Theme/concept
- Mannequin and Model drawings
- Flat drawings
- Personal Universe : Who am I? What do I like? What affects me?
- Fashion illustration
- Illustration project
- Photoshop: Creating a document, Toolbox, settings, decisions, coloring, Type tools, retouching, Layers
- Moodboard with Photoshop and collage studies, rotating objects, coloring and scaling, flat drawing
- Skirt project
- Shirt project
- Dress project
- Suit, jacket and pants project
- Casualwear and Denim project
- Project delivery and presentation – Skills to present the portfolio. Roles that we take in a team in business life. Ways to follow working at different companies in order to gain experience.
Material List: For Fashion Design class, all participants must install Photoshop & Illustrator on their personal laptops and bring to class. Other list of materials will be shared on the first day of class.